Mississippi Concealed Weapon Training (Statewide)

Sean Cooper, Rick Ward, concealed, weapon, training, permit, gun, book, laws, Mississippi, license, carry, class, certification, shoot, firearms, reciprocity, range

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

How can I get a Concealed Weapon Permit in Mississippi and more information about the cost and procedures?

Go to this site:  http://www.dps.state.ms.us/firearms/firearms-permit-unit/

There are no instructors listed in my area. Will you teach a class in our community?

I will teach a class anywhere in the state of Mississippi (there are monetary incentives if you offer a range/classroom/attendees).

How much do you charge for each person taking the class?

The fee is $100 per person.

What if I have an emergency come up and I am unable to attend since there are no refunds?

You can schedule yourself in any future class within one year from the date you were normally scheduled to attend. The paid seats are not transferrable to other persons.




Do you accept checks?

Yes, but you must send it at least 10 days in advance of the class and it must clear before the class starts, no refunds.

How many people are allowed in each class?

That depends on each student's level of expertise. The less experienced, the less students for safety purposes.

If all the students are experienced already with handguns and just need the permit, how many could attend?

The maximum class size I will accept is 12. If all are inexperienced, the limit is 6, maybe even 4.

What will I need to bring to the range with me?

Gun, 50 rounds ammo, holster, safety glasses, hearing protection, bottled water, hand towel, emergency contact info, ball cap, sunscreen, bug spray, funds for lunch and dress for the weather expected. Make sure you have a belt for your holster and wear loose fitting pants with pockets in the front.

When will I get my certificate of training if I qualify and pass the test?

It will be awarded at the end of the day.

Where will I be able to carry my gun with this new enhanced permit endorsement sticker on the back of my current permit?

Anywhere except police stations (that includes sherriff/MHP, etc), courtrooms during judicial proceedings and places of nuisance (drug-houses, houses of prostitution, etc.) Also the state law does not apply to federal property such as federal buildings, federal courthouses, military bases, post offices, etc.


Members Area (becoming a Member does NOT register you for a Class)

Upcoming Events

No upcoming events

Featured Products

Newest Members

Recent Blog Entries